Posted on January 28, 2008 at 01:30 AM
Three years ago at this exact moment I was cobbling together the makings of this blog. The design, the movable type install, the first post, everything. Now looking back three years I will attempt to wax nostalgic, as I have prepared nothing amusing or entertaining for this 3rd blogiversary.
So in case you're just tuning into JoeSchmidt.com for the first time, here is what you've missed so far:
- Added a new member to the Joeschmidt.com team.
- Accumulated approximately $182 in Google adsense revenue. Here is my first $100 check.
- Successfully hosted the first annual JoeSchmidt.com blogathon raising $1000 for the Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation.
- Switched web hosts from fatcow to MediaTemple.
- Bought a Dyson.
- Blogged about the evil that is Nascar.
- Am currently 3 and a half years Wal-mart free.
- Made a complete mockery of the gadget of the week. (the Bakers Edge pan has been up there for 21 months)
- Rode my bike to work.
- Participated in a meme
- Hit a hole-in-one
- Made the front page of Digg with my article on How much do you Google in one year?
- Went to the Masters in Augusta Georgia. Did not eat at a Waffle House.
As Steve Jobs would say, "Isn't that great?"
Now, I know what you're thinking, "Wow, what a stellar list of accomplishments." For a more complete compendium of articles, feel free to drop by the JoeSchmidt.com Archive page.
While I would love to promise an increase in posting in '08, lower taxes, a new gadget of the week, a new graphical update to JoeSchmidt.com, or to end the war in Iraq, I would be a fool to do such. One thing I have learned in the past 3 years is that blogging ain't easy and there are only 168 hours in a week. So expect nothing more than JoeSchmidt.com being your consistently sporadic source of news and entertainment.
To close things out, I would like to wish a Happy 34 to my wife, a happy 10 to our niece, and a happy 33 to me.