Posted on July 27, 2005 at 01:00 AM
If you are one of the tens of people who have visited this blog in the past few weeks hoping to get your daily JoeSchmidt.com fix, or to simply catch up on the exciting happenings taking place here at JoeSchmidt.com, I apologize for the lack of posting.
You see, I was going to start off this Month by trying to post something every day, just to see if it was humanly possible. It started with a conversation with a friend around the end of June. I had told him of my idea of doing 30 posts in 30 days, which of course was met with an eye roll and the comment, "Yeah right, I'll believe it when I see it."
His reaction turned out to be completely valid.
Four days passed until my first post for July and, as you know, nothing since. But now I am serious about this 30 posts in 30 days thing. I am throwing down the gauntlet. You, the faithful reader of this blog, shall witness a feat that has only been previously achieved by thousands of teenage bloggers blathering daily about whatever the hell a teenager talks about, or political pundit blogs posting one sentence blurbs about Supreme Court nominees, leaked CIA agent intel, and why Hillary will/won't be this nation's 44th president.
So.... maybe it isn't quite the "feat" I had originally envisioned, but I won't let that deter me.
Here is a glimpse of possible future posts:
- My one year Wal-mart free anniversary.
- Comments on the head of my legal dept. commencing his formal education.
- Debunking popular urban myths contained in forwarded emails sent by friend and family.
- Crappy places to live in America.
- How to remove dried, melted crayon from the inside of a clothes drier.
- Possible stunts intended to spread the word of JoeSchmidt.com out into the world.
- My brief stint as an assassin.
(wow. That covers week one. What the hell will I write about for the 23 days after that?)
The gauntlet starts tomorrow. Check back late tonight or early tomorrow morning for further developments.